STEP ZERO(0): DO NOT PLUG THE USB DRIVE IN THAT COMES WITH THE RTD PACKAGING!! FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. THE USB DRIVE DOES NOT HAVE THE LATEST SOFTWARE ON IT. LISTEN TO US. WE ARE THE CAPTAINS NOW!!!!
Download and install the RTD Flasher Software (for Windows PC only – does not work on Mac) - https://files.hptuners.com/rtd%20flasher/rtd%20flasher.msi
- Open the software
- Go connect the RTD to your OBD-II port on the vehicle - ENSURE THE KEY/PUSH-START IS IN THE ON/ACCESSORY POSITION - DO NOT START THE ENGINE!
- Connect the USB cable to the RTD and to your PC Laptop
- Ensure you have an internet connection or else the RTD won’t be able to sync to HPT’s servers
- Go to Help > Resync Interface
- It will perform a sync and possibly update firmware on the RTD device
- Next go to the VCM Suite Info button and click Gather VCM Suite Information (see screenshot Red Circled buttons). It may perform an update here also. ENSURE THE KEY/PUSH-START IS IN THE ON/ACCESSORY POSITION - DO NOT START THE ENGINE!
- Click the "Save Information" icon and save the VCMSuiteInfo.txt file to your computer.
- Next we need to save the "stock file" off the PCM. Go to Read Vehicle. ENSURE THE KEY/PUSH-START IS IN THE ON/ACCESSORY POSITION - DO NOT START THE ENGINE!
- Follow the on-screen prompts for Reading and Saving the Stock File to your computer
- After saving the VCMSuiteInfo.txt file AND the Stock Read file please reply to your ticket/email with those items. This ensures we have the proper PCM Information for your vehicle AND it also ensures we have a copy of the calibration on your PCM currently saved in case you need it for future use. In some cases we may have already sent you a calibration based on the VIN you provided so you can proceed to the next step for FLASHING the PCM with the calibration. If we did not send you any tune files to flash, DO NOT proceed to step 13 yet.
- Next, we can open the tune file for flashing. Go to File > Open
- Find and select the .RTD tune file we sent to you.
- Next, go to Write Vehicle and follow the onscreen prompts to flash the tune to the PCM. You will have to cycle the ignition (key on engine off) – DO NOT START THE ENGINE BEFORE OR DURING A WRITE FLASH SEQUENCE. DO NOT TOUCH THE IGNITION UNTIL THE PROMPT INSTRUCTS YOU TO – YOU CAN BRICK THE PCM IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE PROPER PROCEDURE.
- Make Sure WRITE ENTIRE is selected or it won't flash properly. Click WRITE to begin flashing
- Once the Flash procedure is complete, it will prompt you to cycle the Key. We usually wait 10 seconds before cycling the key back on. After this, the vehicle is ready to be driven and/or datalogged if you were instructed to do so.