Here is a Step by Step Process for loading Custom Tunes onto your tuner.
PLEASE NOTE: For all USB devices, printers, scanners, SCT tuners, etc. You always want to install the software before plugging the device other wise you have to install drivers manually from the device manager. (THERE IS ANOTHER FAQ ENTRY FOR INSTALLING DRIVERS MANUALLY.)
FOR THE FORD X3/SF3, LIVEWIRE, TSX, GM SF3 3415 and X3 3400:
*Install the Updater Software, if already installed skip to the section titled “Loading the Custom Tunes…”, if not follow Step 1
STEP 1: INSTALL DEVICE UPDATE SOFTWARE
Go to www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.php located by clicking on the Tech Support link at the top of the page.
Scroll to find your SCT device and select it by clicking on the product image, you may use the scroll arrows to navigate through the options.
On some devices you may be required to enter the serial number that appears on the back of your SCT device to be able to continue
Locate the section labeled Device Update Software, should indicate being Version 2.6 or Greater.
Click on the image to download the software. You will have to install the software once downloaded
STEP 2: INSTALLING DEVICE DRIVERS
Plug in your SCT Device to your PC via USB, if you own a TSX you will connect the Monitor to the computer. A Found New Hardware Wizard will pop up.
IMPORTANT: If you did not receive a found new hardware wizard, see the How To Manually Install Drivers section or click here:HOW TO MANUALLY INSTALL DRIVERS
It may ask if you'd like for it to search the internet for the drivers, if it does: Click "NO, Not at this time" if it does not, proceed.
Leave the circle in"Install the software automatically (Recommended)" Click Next. Windows will now begin to search for the drivers automatically.
Note: You may receive a screen that says "The software you are installing for this hardware:"SCT USB Driver has not passed Windows......." Click on Continue Anyway.
You will then come to a "Completing the Hardware Update Wizard" screen, Click Finish.
**Loading the Custom tunes onto the X3/SF3, TSX, Livewire, GM SF3/X3**
• Go to your Email, and save the tune files that were sent to you. Save the files to your Desktop.
• Now that the drivers are installed, open the SCT Device Updater Software There will be a new Icon on your desktop. (Yellow, Orange and Black.)
• Once opened, click on the button labeled: "Load Custom Tune File", this will open the window for loading custom tunes onto your device. If you receive a "Failed to Write Bulk Data" message, you will need to manually install the drivers, click here for instructions:HOW TO MANUALLY INSTALL DRIVERS
• Click on the browse button, browse to the location that you saved the tune files to.
• Click on the custom tune you wish to load onto the device (must be a .ll3 or .cef) and press Open.
• This will bring you back to the tune loader window, select the file position, and type a name for the tune file.
• Once the file position is selected and the Tune Name is populated, press the Program button at the button, this will add the tune file to your tuner.
If you receive a message “Wrong Serial Number, aborting”, this means the serial number within the tune file does not match the serial number within the device. You will need to contact your SCT dealer that created the tune for you and have them correct the serial number within the custom tune.
• If you receive a message “Wrong Serial Number, aborting”, this means the serial number within the tune file does not match the serial number within the device. You will need to contact your SCT dealer that created the tune for you and have them correct the serial number within the custom tune.
• For more than one tune file, repeat this process