STEP ZERO(0): If we did not send a .XML config file for logging, then go to the bottom of this page and download the ZIP file that has the datalog config file in it. Unzip the file and save it to your desktop. You will need this .XML Config File for Step 8 and 9.
- Download and install the VCM Suite. This includes HPT’s VCM Scanner datalogging software: http://files.hptuners.com/VCM%20Suite/VCM%20Suite%20(Beta).msi (Yes, this is the BETA version, but it always has HPT’s latest updates and is usually pretty stable - if clicking this does not download, please copy the address to a new tab or window in your browser).
- In Windows 10 you can search for the program “VCM Scanner” and the shortcut will pop up, or you can go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Tuners\VCM Suite (Beta)\ and open VCM Scanner that way. Right clicking on the icon and going to “Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)” will make a shortcut on your desktop for the program.
- Open the VCM Scanner software.
- Go connect the RTD to your OBD-II port on the vehicle
- Connect the USB cable to the RTD and to your PC Laptop
- Ensure you have an internet connection or else the RTD won’t be able to sync to HPT’s servers
- Go to Help > Resync Interface
- Then go to Channels > Open Channel Config
- Select the .XML config file emailed to you with the instructions OR attached at the bottom of this page it is in the ZIP file for datalogging (The screenshot below does not reflect the exact name of the file, it's just an example).
- Click the Connect to Vehicle icon to sync your Vehicle Profile with VCM Scanner
- Click Disconnect from Vehicle after this
- If the parameters are all grayed out like below(1), then please refer to the Ticket/E-mail where we probably informed you that you'll need to modify the Vehicle Profile after connection so that your Vehicle Profile matches the operating system being used. The reason this doesn't work properly is due to the scrambling of the strategy for protecting our calibrations. HPT is working on better options for this in the future, but this is the work-around. (2) shows the Vehicle Profile screen. (3) Shows where to enter the strategy we provide in the Ticket/E-mail. Once this is done you won't have to do it again for logging. After (3) you'll need to click Connect to Vehicle again and proceed to Step 12.
- Reconnect to the Vehicle once you have the Vehicle Profile modified
- Once connected click Start Scanning
- Once you’ve completed the datalog procedure we instructed in our e-mail, click Stop Scanning
- Then go to Log File > Save Log File As and save the .HPL log file on your computer so you can reply back to your e-mail/ticket with the log file for us to view
- After that you can go to Disconnect from Vehicle and you can unplug everything.
- Send us the log file you saved and wait for a reply back on next steps!
ATTACHMENT FOR LOGGING CONFIG IS BELOW